• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 mrmillion

mrmillion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

Alright i am using the trial version and i got windows 7 and im trying to record minecraft the exe not from browser and it won't record. The hotkey for recording is not used in the game. Here is the Playclaw.txt log

Spoiler

#2 Edward

Edward

Support

• Moderators
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationRussia, Tambov

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:08 AM

Try PlayClaw 2.0
Anyway, there are some problems with minecraft and of course we'll fix them shortly.

#3 mrmillion

mrmillion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Try PlayClaw 2.0
Anyway, there are some problems with minecraft and of course we'll fix them shortly.

:( this guy gets to record minecraft with it. It has no lag. Fraps and other softwares make the game lag like crazy. Im counting on playclaw to record without lag. Could u fix soon. I need to record

#4 Tarion

Tarion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hey there,

same problem here with PlayClaw (full version) and Minecraft - PlayClaw doesn't seem to hook into minecraft, no overlay visible and no screenshots/recording possible. No problems on my PC, also no problems in other games (e.g. The Witcher), but I can't get it to work with Minecraft on my laptop. Using the latest version of PlayClaw.

Spoiler

Edit:
Tried it running from Firefox, hook worked, recording/screenshots still not possible. However, the standalone minecraft.exe still doesn't work. Added new playclaw.txt contents in the spoiler.

#5 Edward

Edward

Support

• Moderators
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationRussia, Tambov

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:44 AM

Do you use Mumble with minecraft? Try to shutdown it and run playclaw/game again.

#6 Tarion

Tarion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Tried it, still not working. Also tried running both with admin privileges, no luck there as well.

#7 Edward

Edward

Support

• Moderators
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationRussia, Tambov

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

Tried it, still not working. Also tried running both with admin privileges, no luck there as well.

Point me to Minecraft version which you're using. As I can see, there are a number of different build (free single/multiplayer, paid alpha...).

#8 Tarion

Tarion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

It's the paid alpha, version 1.1.2_01 (latest)

http://minecraft.net/download.jsp (minecraft.exe)

You don't even have to log in, the playclaw overlays should already show at the login screen.

I'll be at my desktop pc again later today, will test if it still works there (which it should) and will include a playclaw.txt from there as well. Hope that helps.

#9 Edward

Edward

Support

• Moderators
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationRussia, Tambov

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

This is a very strange application.
First of all, it creates back buffer of size 128x10. Why? I don't know. All other graphics applications create back buffer = front buffer or window size.
Also it looks like it doesn't use this back buffer as others. All render is doing by drawing to front buffer.
Then I did little research and found this launcher is a common Windows application which renders login screen via standard Windows methods (not DirectX or OpenGL). PlayClaw doesn't work with such programs.

But I saw videos/screenshots from Minecraft recorded with PlayClaw. How can it be? May be they use another version of Minecraft?

#10 Tarion

Tarion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hey there,

I'm back at my regular PC now. I was wrong about the login screen, you can't see the PlayClaw overlay there... if you log in, I believe it switches the application to the actual game file and then the PlayClaw overlay appears.

Here is the playclaw.txt from my PC where recording Minecraft is possible:

Spoiler

#11 Edward

Edward

Support

• Moderators
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationRussia, Tambov

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

So, everything is ok?

#12 iwork925

iwork925

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

I still cant get mine to work with Minecraft

2.0.0 build 1227

#13 Spywolf5

Spywolf5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Yea playclaw doesnt work with minecraft 1.0.0 but it will work for Team Fortress 2. Whats up with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users